The Department of Home Affairs is now inviting public submissions as part of the 2021-22 Migration Program planning process. They welcome submissions regarding Australia’s permanent migration needs, including views on the size and composition of the 2021-22 Migration Program. Submissions will inform Australia’s Migration Program settings to support strong outcomes for all Australians over the long term.
You can view the consultation page on the Department of Home Affairs website.
The Discussion Paper can be downloaded below and from the Department’s website to assist with submissions.
For further information, you may wish to refer to some of the following information:
- 2020-21 Migration Program planning levels
- Historical Migration planning levels and program outcomes from 2009-10 to 2019-20
- Australia’s first Population Statement
- Continuous Survey of Australia’s Migrants (CSAM)
- Productivity Commission inquiry report – Migrant Intake into Australia
The Department invites submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 January 2021.