The Growing Local Economies fund is the latest program from the NSW Government’s $1.3 billion Regional Growth Fund.
Growing Local Economies aims to develop the enabling infrastructure to grow regional centres by investing in crucial projects needed to support job creation and economic growth in regional NSW. Funding will be made available over four years to enable new regional economic opportunities and enliven local economies.
The Growing Local Economies fund is open to projects that:
- have the capacity to deliver jobs and economic growth
- help regional communities capitalise on their strengths or broaden and reposition their industry base
- demonstrate benefits beyond one organisation
- have a minimum project size of $1 million
- align with state and regional priorities and achieve Benefit to Cost Ratio greater than 1.0.
Applications for Growing Local Economies funding must show how projects will improve economic outcomes for communities. Wherever possible, projects should support local procurement, job creation and skills development.
More information is available from the NSW Government website.