The latest report from Australian Startup and Young Technology community engagement & discovery platform Techboard has revealed that funding for the new technology sector is at a high.
The latest Startup & Young Tech Companies Funding Report is the sixth quarterly funding report published by Techboard and the fifth with multi-state coverage. Techboard will be publishing its first annual funding report for the 2017/18 financial year later this year.
Highlights this quarter include:
- NSW companies contributed most to the increase, and South Australia experienced significant increases in funding levels
- Largest Crowdfunding went to local company Flowhive raising over $19m AUD on indiegogo
- Largest VC investment went to Canva with a $50m round led by Sequoia China with Blackbird Ventures and Felicis Ventures, giving the company a valuation of US$1b
- Largest individual funding event went to Splend (which offers vehicle rentals for Uber drivers) with $220m debt funding
- Largest sectors were travel, health/biotech and Fintech
You can access the full report here
Last Updated on