The Food and Beverage National Manufacturing Priority road map has launched under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative which identifies key areas of opportunity and actions for government and industry to work together to lift manufacturing capability.
Australia has an international reputation for producing premium, safe and high-quality food and beverage products. Close proximity to Asian markets and a reputation as a trusted supplier of premium goods has led to the food and beverage sector becoming a major manufacturing sector for the Australian economy. There are opportunities to bring food and beverage manufacturers together to:
- manage the development of new products for emerging markets
- translate research into commercial applications
- manufacture locally and export more high value products to overseas markets.
Funding is available under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative and supports the Australian Government’s $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy.
From today businesses with projects focused on food and beverage can apply for grants under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI) in the Manufacturing Translation stream and the Manufacturing Integration stream – Applications are open until 27 April 2021 5PM AEST.
The MMI is now open, providing co-funding for manufacturing projects across two streams:
- Manufacturing Translation Stream: helps Australian manufacturers translate high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale-up and become more competitive and resilient.
- Manufacturing Integration Stream: helps Australian manufacturers to access domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets and fostering Australia’s reputation as a modern manufacturing leader.
Australian Government funding will be provided on a co-investment basis and will cover up to 50 per cent of eligible project expenditure.
Funding rounds for the other National Manufacturing Priorities will open in the coming weeks. This extends eligibility to this funding beyond the previously announced space, medical products and resources technology and critical minerals road maps.
Information about the new program, including the grant opportunity guidelines and a link to the online application form, is available at business.gov.au/mmit for the Translation stream and business.gov.au/mmii for the Integration stream. You can watch a recorded information session on YouTube via business.gov.au that provides an overview of the MMI and general information on accessing the grants available. The recording and transcript is also available here.
For any questions regarding the Modern Manufacturing Initiative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Integration stream and email@example.com for the Translation stream.