Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa subclass 494
RDA Northern Rivers invites skilled migrants to enjoy the lifestyle of regional Australia by applying for sponsorship to live and work in the Northern Rivers region under the Employer Nominated Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa subclass 494 (SESR).
The SESR visa enables regional employers to sponsor overseas skilled workers and employ them to work in skilled vacant positions which cannot be filled using the local labour market.
Regional Certifying Body
RDA Northern Rivers is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) to provide advice on SESR subclass 494 Visa Employer Sponsored stream nominations to the Department of Home Affairs for the Northern Rivers region. All 494 nominations in the Employer Sponsored stream will need advice from an RCB.
As RCB it is our role to assess the Annual Market Salary Rate (AMSR) of nominations and provide advice to the Government. The Annual Market Salary Rate for the 494 program includes guaranteed overtime, penalty rates and annualised rates as per TSS nominations. The same definition of ‘earnings’ in regulation 2.57A applies to 494 nominations.
Advice from RDA Northern Rivers on the Annual Market Salary Rate will be taken into consideration when the assessment against that requirement is made. If the RDA Northern Rivers RCB advice is negative, the applicant will be given the opportunity to comment before a decision is made.
Occupations for nominated positions must be included on the Skilled Occupation List.
All applications for RCB advice must include the following information:
- Payment of $660 processing fee (See payment details below)
- Form 1404
- Position description
- Employment contract
- Organisational chart
- ABN and business address details where the nominee will be working
- A copy of financial year accounts P&L and Balance Sheet (unaudited)
- Copy of the relevant award if referenced
- Payslips of other employees working same position
- Please also provide summary details about the position, is it a new position? If so why was it created, if not who has been undertaking the position previously? Please also provide supporting documentation such as pay slips of other employees?
- A copy of recruitment and advertising undertaken for the role (no older than 6 months from application)
Payment of processing fees
All visa applications must include a payment of $660 (including GST) and made payable to:
RDA Northern Rivers
Account no: 22314292
Ref: Nominee or business name